The National Hydrologic Warning Council (NHWC), with membership across the United States and around the world, is a non-profit organization dedicated to assisting emergency and environmental management officials by providing expert advice on the use of real-time, high quality hydrologic information from automated remote data systems, with the goals of protecting lives, property, and the environment.
NEW! Click here for the latest issue of The NHWC Transmission.
2019 Conference - Click here to go to the 2019 Conference
- March 11, 2019 - The nomination period has opened for our 2019 Biennial NHWC Awards. These awards highlight exceptional work and innovation in the field of hydrologic warning. Nominations close on April 30, 2019 so act fast. Submittal instructions can be found by clicking on the button below.
2019 Conference Awards Summary
- March 10, 2019 - Welcome new individual member Nate Vaughn of JE Fuller. Thanks for joining!
- March 8, 2019 - Welcome more new members! The City of Grand Prairie, Texas, has joined as a G1 group member. For more information about becoming an NHWC member, click on the membership tab above.
- March 7, 2019 - We have yet another website sponsor, OneRain.
- February 26, 2019 - Welcome new members! OTT HydroMet has joined as a G2 Group. Thanks for joining our organization!
- February 8, 2019 - NHWC 2019 Conference Update! A new 2019 Conference Draft Program has been posted. Our program is packed full of opportunities for hearing the latest lessons learned from recent extreme events, best practices in system setup, and more. Also don't forget to take advantage of our early bird registration rates, which end of March 11. Visit our 2019 Conference Website for more information.
- February 4, 2019 - New Job Posting! Flood Warning Gage Field Technician for North Carolina Emergency Management in Asheville, NC. See our Job Openings page for more information.
- January 22, 2019 - Welcome new member! Jonathan Evans from Van Essen Instruments signed up as an Individual Member.
- January 17, 2019 - New Job Posting! Principal/Senior Water Resources Engineer for Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. in Nashville, TN. See our Job Openings page for more information.
- January 16, 2019 - New Job Postings! Civil Engineer (Hydraulics), Water Management Section Chief, Water Resources Section Chief, and Coastal Engineering Section Chief with U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Galveston, TX. See our Job Openings page for more information.
- January 15, 2019 - NHWC 2019 CONFERENCE HOTEL INFO! The negotiated general attendee room rate is $169.00 per night. The room rate is available June 13-23, so you can make a weekend out of it. General reservations can be made at https://book.passkey.com/go/NHWC19
If you are having trouble booking nights for dates prior to June 17 or following June 20 or need assistance with our government room block, please email email@example.com for help.