The National Hydrologic Warning Council (NHWC), with membership across the United States and around the world, is a non-profit organization dedicated to assisting emergency and environmental management officials by providing expert advice on the use of real-time, high quality hydrologic information from automated remote data systems, with the goals of protecting lives, property, and the environment.
NEW! Click here for the latest issue of The NHWC Transmission.
2017 Conference Click here to go to the 2017 Conference
- November 20, 2017 - Following a successful workshop in San Antonio, presentations have been posted to this link and are available for public download.
- September 20, 2017 - The title of our Texas Workshop has been changed to "Hurricane Harvey Floods and Dam Safety." This 2-day interactive workshop will now focus on Hurricane Harvey's flooding and associated impacts, response, and forecasts across Texas. Please visit our 2017 9th Annual Texas Workshop page for more information and registration details.
- August 31, 2017 - We have reactivated our Job Openings Page with some exciting new opportunities in the field of hydrologic warning in Santa Cruz County and Santa Clara Valley Water District, California.
- August 17, 2017 - Registration is open for our 9th Annual Texas Workshop, titled "Hydrological Data Collection and Dam Safety". This year's workshop is being held at the historic Menger Hotel in San Antonio, Texas on November 8-9, 2017. For more information, please visit our 2017 9th Annual Texas Workshop page. **See update above.
- August 10, 2017 - Our conference in Olympic Valley was a great success. For highlights, presentations, etc. please visit our 2017 Conference Page.
- June 9, 2017 - The NAPSG Foundation has announced that the National Flood Preparedness Guideline is now open for public comment. This guideline is designed to assist communities in addressing common challenges faced during the preparation for, response to, and recovery from flood disasters. The public comment period is open now through close of business on Friday, June 16, 2017. Please visit this link to review and comment on the guidelines.