Texas Hydrological and Dam Safety Monitoring
Best Practices Workshop
November 3-4 2010, Conroe, TX
A two-day seminar/workshop sponsored by the National Hydrologic Warning Council and the San Jacinto River Authority. Designed for
- Owners and operators of high hazard dams and levees
- River authorities
- Emergency managers
- Floodplain managers
- Flood control districts
- Public works officials
- Drainage and flood control engineers
- Owners and operators of existing flood warning systems
Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Session One: Field technician class with David Haynes of Distinctive AFWS Designs - (Datalogger, transmitters, Sensors, routine site maintenance, testing of field equipment )
Session Two: Networking Discussions – Open forum to discuss challenges, successes, future plans, current status, and questions to other system operators – moderated by Jeff Lindner and Blake Kellum. Afternoon session to include technology updates from each participating Vendor)
Thursday, November 4, 2010, starting at 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Dam Safety for Large Dam Operators - Warren Samuelson - TCEQ
- West Gulf River Forecast Center - Overview of Services
- WFOHGX, NWS Hydrologic Services for the San Jacinto River Authority
- Overview of Lakes Conroe and Livingston by Janice Murphy, Dam Engineer with Freese and Nichols Inc.
- Tour of local dam(s)
The workshop will be held at The Lone Star Convention & Expo Center, 9055 Airport Road, Conroe, TX