The National Hydrologic Warning Council (NHWC), with membership across the United States and around the world, is a non-profit organization dedicated to assisting emergency and environmental management officials by providing expert advice on the use of real-time, high quality hydrologic information from automated remote data systems, with the goals of protecting lives, property, and the environment.
The trusted leader of the hydrologic warning community providing training, guidance & standards, and professional development.
NEW! Click here for the latest issue of The NHWC Transmission.
2015 Conference Click here to go to the 2015 Conference Page
- May 12, 2015 – The NHWC Conference Exhibitors Guide has been posted for exhibitor viewing here - NHWC Exhibitor Kit
- May 11, 2015 - The National Hydrologic Warning Council is pleased to announce that Certified Floodplain Managers attending the upcoming NHWC Training Conference and Exposition being held June 15-18, 2015 in Indianapolis, Indiana will receive 12 core continuing education credits from the Association of State Floodplain Managers. Please view the full Conference Program.
- April 28, 2015 - The National Hydrologic Warning Council has released an updated Conference Program for its 11th Training Conference and Exposition being held June 15-18, 2015 in Indianapolis, Indiana. The theme of this year’s Conference is “Advances in Hydrologic Warning – The Race to Save Lives.” The Program features 4 keynote addresses by prominent federal and state officials, luncheon addresses by the Director of the National Hurricane Center and the Executive Director of the Indiana Department of Homeland Security, 13 extended workshops, 75 technical presentations, an exposition of the latest products and services, and numerous opportunities for interactions with hydrologic warning professionals from across the country and around the world. Registration is now open for attendees, exhibitors and sponsors at the Conference webpage Early registration discounts end after May 15, 2015.
- April 28, 2015 – NHWC’s Conference Golf Event (a best ball scramble) will start at noon on Monday June 15. It will be held at the Fort, which is about 25 minutes from the Conference hotel and designed by Pete Dye. The $50 fee includes carts, range balls, and tournament prizes. The golf event will use a group scramble format (best group shot selected) making par or lower scores a reality. Even if you are an infrequent golfer you will have fun and share quality time with fellow conference attendees. Registration is now available through the Conference webpage.
- NHWC has issued an appeal for ALERT2 Source Address Management System funding. All users of original ALERT and ALERT2 will reap benefits. Click here to learn how you can help. Click here to contribute online. For more information about ALERT2, see the ALERT2 menu on the sidebar.
- The Association of State Floodplain Managers (ASFPM) has issued a report titled – A Strategy to Reduce the Risks and Impacts of Dams on Floodplains. This report includes an analysis of the relationship of dams to the floodplain and recommendations on how to better integrate dams into floodplain management and flood risk reduction activities. The development of this strategy document was funded by the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Glenn Austin, represented NHWC on the Advisory Committee for this project.The full report is available here.
Thanks to our Webpage Sponsors below!
To advertise on this page or in the NHWC Transmission newsletter, click NHWC Advertising and follow the instructions.